The Radaelli Battery, located inside the San Paolo Village, hosts the exhibition “The big war: defense systems from Venice along the Piave”, which gives value to the various defense methods adopted during the First World War in the Venice lagoon.
Open only during the accommodation's opening season.
Set up in 1909, the Radaelli Battery began operating in 1914 and was equipped with four Vickers-Terni 1914 152 mm cannons placed on four armoured cupolas. As it was on the easternmost area of the Cavallino coastline, the Radaelli was particularly active during the Austro-Hungarian offensive of summer 1918 when it shot over 250 times at the mainland.
To know more about it: www.viadeiforti.it