Its construction dates back to 1909-1912. It was named after the Supreme Venetian Commander who defeated the Genoese fleet, in the War of Chioggia, in 1380. The Battery was active during the Great War. As for the other coastal batteries, it was connected by the Decauville, a narrow-gauge railway. The Pisani Battery was more lightly armed than the Amalfi Battery, its howitzers had a shorter range and it was of 19th century concept, therefore, it has not been used to face war in the front of the Lower Piave. During the Second World War it hosted an anti-aircraft artillery post and, after being abandoned, it was then occupied by civilian families, who left it, in the last decades of the nineteenth century.
Today the Vettor Pisani Battery is the heart of “Via dei Forti”: seat of a Museum and real incubator of cultural events.
Texts taken from the catalogue “Le Fortificazioni – Frammenti di Guerra”